Tuesday 18 November 2014

Visiting Cobham Girl Guides

Last Wednesday, I dropped into meet 1st Cobham Girl Guides, run by their brilliant Leader, Helen Goddard. The Guides had originally contacted me about UK support for educational programs in some of the poorest countries around the world.
 
On Wednesday, I saw the Guides designing invites for their next fund-raising initiative, and then they grilled me with questions for half an hour or so. The Guides is a fabulous organisation, nurturing a sense of civic spirit, self-confidence and team skills. I always enjoy meeting up with local groups. It is a good opportunity to hear a different perspective on politics, what's going on in the world, and how they view their community. The 1st Cobham Guides were a particularly sparky bunch. I was really impressed with their attitude and curiosity. They have a great sense of humour too, so it was a lot of fun meeting them.
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The site policy is to publish all comments, unless abusive or anonymous.

Welcome to Dom's Blog

To sign up for my monthly bulletins, click here.

For my Privacy & Cookies policy, click here.

Dom's Podcasts

Watch Dom's Hardtalk interview here.

To watch Dom's recent podcasts, visit his You Tube channel here.

Local Campaigns

Local issues, National debate

Blog Archive

Follow Dom on Facebook